How to Install Stabilising Fibre
Surface stabilising fibres make it easy to rejuvenate your lifeless arena surface. In this short step-by-step guide, we will be explaining how to install our fully synthetic Daytec® fibre, which can be added to new or existing silica sand-based surfaces. These high-quality fibres help knit all the surface materials together, allowing your horse to travel freely over the arena footing. Its benefits include improved stability, cushioning, responsiveness and essential moisture retention.
The Installation Process:
1. Using a depth probe, ensure the existing surface is a minimum depth of 125-150mm across the entire arena, re-distributing the surface where necessary.
2. Dampen the surface if needed
3. Divide the surface area into equal sections, corresponding to the number of bales that need to be added. Please contact us to determine how many bales we recommend for your arena size.Contact us
4. Break up the bales in each section and level to a consistent depth. You may find it easier to break up the bales using a bale chopper or digger.
5. Once the fibre is spread evenly over the surface, soak with water
6. Using a power harrow, rotavator or stone burier, set to a depth of 50-70mm, blend the fibre down into the surface, being careful not to hit the underlying sub-base.
7. Compact the surface with a digger by tracking it up and down the arena
8. Repeat steps 6-7 until the fibres are fully blended into the footing.
9. Roll and then grade the surface until it is flat and even
10. Keep the surface damp to ensure the fibres remain well blended within the sand. If the surface dries out and the material rises to the top, you will need to water and re-blend the fibres back into the footing as described in steps 6-8.
Please refer to our maintenance page for general information about taking care of your surface.View maintenance
View our Premixed Surfaces
We also manufacture a range of waxed and non-coated surfaces that are premixed at our dedicated production facility. Investing in a premixed solution ensures that you’ll receive an even and consistent footing that is quick and easy to install.