How to Install a Pre-Mixed Surface
In this short step-by-step guide we’ll be explaining how to correctly install a premixed surface. In order for the footing to perform at its best, it’s important to achieve an even and compacted surface depth across the entire arena.
The Installation Process:
1. Starting from the gateway, spread the surface inward across the arena using a laser blade or digger.
2. The surface will compact by approximately 25mm. For a finished depth of roughly 125mm, we recommend laying the surface over the entire arena at a depth of 150mm, then compacting and grading to 125mm.
3. Compact the surface with a digger by tracking up and down as much as possible.
4. Roll and grade the surface until level and even.
5. Waxed surfaces are ready to use immediately after installation. Non-waxed surfaces benefit from rain or irrigation to help them settle.
If you’re undecided about which type of equestrian surface would best suit your needs, why not view our Surfaces page – you’ll find valuable information such as recommended uses, maintenance requirements and client testimonials.View surfaces
Still unsure about how to install your pre-mixed surface? Why not give us a call on 0800 044 8101 or complete our online contact form.